You may have noticed that the prices for our guided and catered adventures are very reasonable . Our family started Wells Gray Adventures in 1988 and we have been running it since that time. It has always been important to us to share the amazing wilderness of Wells Gray Park with as many people as possible and to do that we try to keep our prices down.
The summer season in Wells Gray however is short and spaces are limited. So in order for us to keep our prices low, our booking and cancellation policies are strict. To make sure we are all on the same page, here is how it works. If something is unclear, or we have left anything out, please let us know.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS (under 8 people)
When you reserve your trip you will have two choices.
To confirm your trip: Prior to February 28 you can confirm by paying the 10% Non-refundable deposit. A 50% deposit ( half of the total price of the trip) will be expected by February 28th, 2022. For all bookings made after that February 28, 2022, we will need a 50% deposit to hold the reservation. Forty-five days (45 days) ahead of your departure you will be required to pay the remaining amount owing for the trip.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR SUMMER 2022
- A 10% NON-REFUNDABLE BOOKING FEE is required to hold all reservations. Canadians pay by e-transfer, or check. All others can pay by credit card, check (US), or bank transfer.
- All summer trips will need a 50% deposit paid by February 28, 2022
- The full payment for any summer trip will be made 45 days prior to trip departure.
- Cancellations up to 45 days before the departure date will lose the 50% deposit.
- Unless COVID complete border closures are a factor, cancellations of summer trips after 45 days prior to departure will lose all monies paid.
- If government-imposed border closures here in BC are the reason for your cancellation, and occur three weeks or closer to your departure, you can rebook your departure for the next season only, MINUS THE 10% booking fee and any rate hikes.
- WGA reserves the right to cancel any trip within 30 days of the departure date for a full refund. WGA does not give refunds on guiding or accommodation for schedule changes due to weather or other natural events.
Groups over eight people have the potential to get 12% off the total price of their trip.
- To receive a 12% discount, the trip must be paid BY THE GROUP ORGANIZER. The first payment will be 10% of the trip cost and this in NON-REFUNDABLE. If individual payments are made for group bookings the group discount will be 10%.
- 50% of the fees are due from the trip organizer by February 28, 2022 with the balance of the trip payable 45 days prior to departure; no individual payments will be accepted for group bookings receiving a 12% discount. Again if you prefer to have everyone in the group pay individually the discount will be 10%.
- If you have decided to pay by credit card, your total discount will be reduced by 3%.
- If government-imposed border closures here in BC are the reason for your cancellation, and occur three weeks or closer to your prior to your departure, and you MUST cancel, you can rebook for the next season only, minus the 10% non-refundable booking fee.
- Any other whole GROUP CANCELLATION for any reason will lose ALL monies paid.
- WGA reserves the right to cancel any trip within 30 days of the departure date for a full refund.
- Again, WGA does not give refunds on guiding or accommodation for schedule changes due to weather or other natural events. If you are worried about aged parents, getting sick, your kids, smoke, snow, rain, or any other natural phenomena preventing you from going on your trip, please get cancellation insurance. Wells Gray Adventures sympathizes with all of the curveballs life can throw at you, but we really hope that you understand that we can't be responsible for them.
NOTE: If the trip is departing, Wells Gray Adventures will offer no refunds due to any weather event. This includes rain, fog, snow, smoke, extreme heat, or any other weather event beyond our control.
Because the summer season in Wells Gray is very short, and finding people to re-book cancelled trips at short notice is very difficult, our cancellation policies are strict. Wells Gray Adventures strongly recommends you obtain cancellation insurance.
MEETING FOR THE TRIP
Unless you are a group who has made other arrangements, we depart our office at 9:00 am the morning of your trip. You can find a map to our office here. If you did not come by car, we can also pick you up between 9:00 and 10:00 am at your local accommodation. Before leaving, the guide will discuss current conditions in the mountains with you so you can be sure your packing will be appropriate.
The topographic map for the area is 'West Raft River' 82 M/13. Grid references for the buildings are: Trophies Chalet 049386. Discovery cabin 46452 and Fight Meadow Chalet 001560.
We will provide you with a free map copy to carry with you on your trip upon your arrival.
You will be required to sign a waiver form before departing on your adventure. We are including the waiver here so you can read it before your arrival, but he waiver form must be signed at our office the morning before your departure.
Please fill out this medical form and Mail or E Mail it to us as soon as possible after you have booked your trip.
Food Allergies or dietary restrictions
Upon booking and paying your deposit, please let us know about any food allergies or dietary restrictions that we need to account for when we are preparing the menu for your trip. Make sure to explain these on your medical form. Planning the menus and getting dry goods into the mountains is a big job which we can only do well if we know about your dietary needs.
Though we will accommodate your dietary requests to the best of our ability, these are mountain environments and Clearwater is a small town. We may not have access to very specific or specialized food items, you may have to bring some of these from home. Give us a call at the office and we can discuss what you need and make sure that you are able to eat well on your trip.